Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thousand Trails of Texas/ FMCA Rally - Medina Lake

Another day, another sunrise. Sorry for being so very late with the blog. I am so sick that I lost everything in my computer. Years of pictures have just gone down the drain. I had saved some of my Alaskan pictures but this last year when we went to the Canadian Meritimes, Maine, New York, Pennsylvania and a bunch of other states, I had not saved them yet so I have nothing to show for our trip last year. I have some friends though that took part of that trip, so come on friends "SHARE" please. I also had all of the Thousand Trails Rallies still in my computer, so they are also gone. I will try to save my pictures more often this time. I just happened to still have some of these pictures still in the camera.

As you can tell we are at Medina and getting ready to start another fun weekend.

We have to start with the deer because they are welcoming us and know they will get fed.

The people that made this rally possible. Wagon Masters: Nolan & Willie Blank, Assistant Wagon Masters, Jack & Sylvia Napoles, Eula Faye Dougherty & Bobbie Stuart and also Larry & Beverly Wippert.

Let the Party Begin!!!!

Signing up for meal tickets.

Trying to decide whether they need it or not.

I guess we need a little of this and a lot of that.

Yum!!!!! It all looks so good and plenty of it.

Poor Connie, trying to walk around after knee surgery. She did great and getting better all the time.

Here's the lady with the little black book. They've probably got a conspiracy brewing.

Okay, I'll give you some name badges as soon as I get them untangled.

Getting ready for our meal after all those snacks.

Good little chat.

What do you need Babe, I'll go get it!!

Yummy!!!!

Are there any bigger plates, too much food for these itsy, bitsy plates.

We don't know you, do we??? You're new members.

I guess everybody is checking out Connie's wheels.

Is this a Texas Longhorn FAN????

Always great food at Medina.

Did you all leave me some???

I'm just a little hungry, not too much.

Yea, we're in line.

Proud grandparents of twins.

You look like you ate the whole thing. John, did you also eat your plate???? Just asking!!!! You seem to be pretty satisfied.

I guess there is still some left.

Oh yes, there was.

Enjoying breakfast.

Everybody is all ears, is it that good?????


The treasury report. Do we still have some money????

Pretty interesting.


Here again are the Wagon Masters and Assistants.


The Manager at Thousand Trails telling us about the good and Bad News about the parks and our memberships.

And here she is, our sheriff, trying to collect her fines.

Okay, it wasn't too bad, I only had to pay a $1.00.



This is where our money collected went.



Veteran's program. Don Stallings was Master of Ceremonies. He presented certificates to all the men and women that have served in the Armed Forces. Also he acknowledged other people that have helped in other ways.

Some of the men who got certificates.


Gladys talked about all that the men in the military do and do without so that we can be safe in a safe country.

And away they go.

Up, UP

Letting our balloons go in celebration of Veteran's Day.


Birthday Members: Sam Walker, John Decker, Faye Gardner, Smitty Smith, Beverly, Taylor, Tom Taylor, Barbara Spade, Jimmie Watson and new member Jim Hartmann.

Anniversary Members: Rodger & Diana Donnelly, Clarence & Delores Crocker and Les & Diana Kimble.

New members that joined at Whitney: Jim & Robin Hartmann

New Members that joined at Medina: Bill & Carolyn Payne

After the rally some of us still linger around and keep on eating. Lynda invited us, Joe & Pat Watts and some of her friends to dinner. I don't like to turn down food. It means No Cooking for me. Thanks Lynda.

We also went to Bandera and ate at this restaurant. It was pretty good.

Enjoyed another good meal.

Had some left for the next day. Three days without cooking, yay!!!!

Relaxing after a great meal.

We didn't push the red button, had no complaints.

Ready to go back home. Great Rally, Great Time, Fabulous Fellowship!!!!

Good Nite until next Rally,

See You Then!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment